Time to Save Basic FAQs
- What is a Time to Save account?
- Who can be a Time to Save member?
- Can I save with Time to Save even if I don't plan on retiring?
- What is the difference between a Time to Save account and a savings account?
- Can I participate in the Time to Save Rewards Service if I already have a retirement savings plan?
- Can I withdraw company contributions from my Time to Save account without transferring them to a savings plan, and if so, how?
- What are company contributions?
- Will I have to give any additional information after I enroll to receive company contributions?
My Current Retirement Accounts
- How does Time to Save help me save for retirement?
- How can my family and friends help me save more for retirement?
- How do I register to get retirement savings from various stores and services?
What is a Time to Save account?
When you join Time to Save you automatically open a Time to Save Account. Once you have signed up for company programs, your contributions from those companies are automatically deposited to that account. You can also link your Time to Save account to a savings or an existing retirement account, so that your retirement savings can be professionally managed and enjoy growth potential.
Who can be a Time to Save member?
Any U.S. resident who is of legal age in his or her state of residency can be a Time to Save member.
Can I save with Time to Save even if I don't plan on retiring?
Yes. You can save for a friend, a relative, your church, or you can save for your children’s retirement. To help a friend or relative's future, join Time to Save and then go to the Family and Friends section of your account.
What is the difference between a Time to Save account and a savings account?
When you receive contributions from companies as part of your purchases, they are automatically deposited in your Time to Save account. You have access to this information 24 hours a day by logging in to your Time to Save account. Your Time to Save account is a non-interest bearing account. The Time to Save Rewards Service is offered by Time to Save, Inc., is not a retirement account and does not offer the federal tax advantages associated with retirement accounts. If you are seeking potential market return on your retirement savings, you may want to consider investing them in a Time to Save Savings Plan.
Can I participate in the Time to Save Rewards Service if I already have a retirement savings plan?
Yes, you can. If you already have an existing savings plan with an investment firm simply visit the Investment section of your Time to Save account and link your account to your Time to Save account.
Can I withdraw company contributions from my Time to Save account without transferring them to a savings plan, and if so, how?
You can withdraw your Time to Save contributions at any time during your membership. To withdraw company contributions from your Time to Save account, submit a letter in writing to Time to Save requesting a withdrawal from your Time to Save account. The letter must state your full name and exact amount that you would like to withdraw, up to total amount available in your account. Pending contributions are not eligible for withdrawal.
For the protection of our members, we require that your letter either be notarized or contain a Signature Guarantee if the withdrawal request is in excess of $200. A Signature Guarantee is a guarantee you can obtain from a financial institution, such as your bank, that your signature is yours and that it is genuine.
Withdrawal letters should be sent to:
Time to Save
ATTN: Customer Care
1 Barnes Industrial Park South
Wallingford, CT 06492
Checks are sent once per calendar quarter, so you should typically receive your check within 12 weeks of your request being received.
To make your savings work for you, you may want to consider transferring your company contributions to an investing plan for retirement.
What are company contributions?
Company contributions are rebates and other cash rewards you receive from the companies with whom you shop (or do business), and may also be redemptions of other reward currencies. Contributions may be a fixed amount or a percentage of your transaction, depending on the contributing company.
Will I have to give any additional information after I enroll to receive company contributions?
It depends on the company program you are participating in. Some company programs ask that you input information either before or after a purchase. Others, once you have signed up, don't require you to give any additional information to receive contributions. You can modify company programs at any time during your membership. When you do, you may be asked to provide additional information.
Can I view my account information online?
Yes, you can view your Time to Save account online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
How do I cash out my savings?
If you need to, you can withdraw your funds from your Time to Save account without transferring them to a savings plan at any time during your membership. To withdraw funds from your Time to Save account, submit a letter in writing to Time to Save requesting a withdrawal from your Time to Save account. The letter must state your full name and exact amount that you would like to withdraw, up to total amount available in your account, pending contributions are not eligible for withdrawal.
To withdraw funds from your Time to Save account, your balance (without pending funds) must be $75 or more. The multi-step process includes validating user details and a written letter of request to complete withdrawl.
When are the contributions from my Family & Friends Network transferred to my Time to Save account?
When the contributions from a Time to Save partner are received, they are automaticly split into your Family & Friends Network that you have allocated and your Time to Save account will show this change at that time.
Once contributions have been transferred, they are deemed to have been irrevocably given to the member whose account they have been transferred to.
How do I know my money is safe at Time to Save?
Your Time to Save savings are held in a trust account exclusively for the benefit of Time to Save members. The trust account is held in a bank and is FDIC insured.
My Current Retirement Accounts
How does Time to Save help me save for retirement?
Every time you purchase an eligible good or service with a Time to Save contributing company, a portion of your purchase price will be contributed to your Time to Save account. To start saving, simply enroll for free on the Time to Save site and begin earning contributions with our contributing companies. You then may choose to link your Time to Save account to a savings account of your choice. To help you save even more, you can invite family members and friends to also join Time to Save and contribute into your account.
How can my family and friends help me save more for retirement?
Your family and friends can add a percentage of their Time to Save savings to yours, allowing you to save more, faster. Here's how you can invite them to save:
- Go to the Family & Friends section of your account.
- Enter the email addresses of your family and friends.
- We'll send them a pre-written email invitation.
- Once they accept your invitation, they begin saving for you.
Your family and friends will have their own Time to Save accounts with the flexibility to divide their savings however they choose.
How do I register to get retirement savings from various stores and services?
When you join Time to Save, you will see opportunities to register for savings from various stores and services.
- To register for other services, just provide the information the company requires.
- You can get details by clicking on any companies you see on the site.
What is an online affiliate?
Certain contributing companies with whom you may shop through our website are online affiliates. When you shop with an online affiliate through our website, the online affiliate pays us a referral fee, of which we give some or all back to you as a contribution. You will be eligible to get contributions from online affiliates as long as you shop with them through a link on the Time to Save website. Time to Save will fund the contribution to your Time to Save account once we are paid the referral fee by the specific online affiliate with whom you shop. For your convenience, the contribution will show up as pending in your Time to Save account until we receive the referral fee. Online affiliates are not generally owned by, or under common ownership with, Time to Save.
Which companies participate in the Time to Save service?
Time to Save contributing companies include a variety of services, stores, restaurants and more. For example:
- Thousands of online retailers
- Grocery, toys, books, music, electronics, home goods, fast food and clothing
- Many more
You can always learn about new contributing companies by checking out the Partners and Shop Online section of the Time to Save site.
Do I need special software to participate in Time to Save?
No special software is required to participate in Time to Save. All you need is an Internet connection and a browser that supports 128-bit encryption and cookies.
Is Time to Save a secure site?
Time to Save has implemented security systems designed to keep your information safe:
- Any page that requires you to sign in to gain access is secure. This includes your Time to Save account that contains your personally identifiable information.
- If you leave the Time to Save site by clicking on any links provided, Time to Save is no longer responsible for your security.
- Certain areas of our site that are available to the general public are not secure-because no personal information is being stored. For instance, the Why Use Time to Save page does not require any exchange of information, so there are no security risks on these pages.
Time to Save protects your data by:
- Monitoring for intrusion attempts - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week;
- SSL, Data, and Password encryption technology;
- Firewalls and systems monitoring;
- Security audits and inspections by leading security firms.
All data Time to Save exchanges with contributing, financial, and technology companies is communicated over point-to-point private lines or is encrypted for transfer over public networks.
How does Time to Save know that I've purchased a product or service from a contributing company?
Time to Save knows you've purchased a product or service from a contributing company in one of the following ways:
- When you shop online through a link on the Time to Save website;
- When the information you input from a purchase or company program matches the data sent to us from that company.